25/11/2013

Introducing my handbook

   Hello and welcome to what I intend to be a compilation of everything I learn to do with the field of forensics and art of deducing how murders happen. Hopefully by the end of this I'll be a fully functioning Sherlock Holmes. Here's how I'm going about it.

   The plan:

1. The hard work; I'm going to juggle my academic work and my extracurricular reading. Don't worry though, I'm fully committed to this blog. Researching the various techniques employed by forensic pathologists is my hobby and I'm always keeping a couple of books on the go. Each week I'll do in depth research into a particular aspect of forensics and toxicology. I'm going to be doing a lot of close studies and fact files for specific poisons but fear not, I'll also branch out to include other things which tickle my fancy (for example blood spatter analysis or identifying corpse age by insect life on/around it). This should build up into a comprehensive index of useful and interesting techniques.

2. The fun part; I'll take time at least once a week to write up my research into an article on this blog for you to enjoy. The articles will vary in length but I'll keep them to a good academic standard. This means good old, no bullshit, references included, hard chemistry, biology and maths (physics isn't my strong suit unfortunately).

  So strap in and enjoy. I hope anybody with a healthy interest in forensics from crime scene, csi show fans to students with a wide ranging interest. The first post will be up soon and we'll be kicking off with a quick guide to types of poisons.

P.S. If there's something you want me to ook into just leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment